Construction worker electrocuted in Kanpur, disturbing video goes viral

A labourer lost his life after he came into contact with a high-tension power line during construction work in Uttar Pradesh’s Kanpur.

The man was working at a residential building where construction work was going on. He was engaged in shuttering work at the site when he accidentally made contact with a high-tension power line.

A video of the incident went viral on social media platforms, showing the man’s body entangled with the live wire for seconds before finally falling to the ground. After falling to the ground, the victim’s head separated from his body.

As onlookers rushed to the scene, they made several attempts to cut off the electricity supply. However, the labourer lost his life within seconds.

Locals have accused the authorities of negligence, pointing out that unauthorised construction was taking place dangerously close to the high-voltage wires, and no intervention was made by the local administration to prevent it.

Recently, a mother and her daughter sustained critical injuries after they came into contact with a high-tension wire while on a rooftop in south Kanpur.

Published On:

Sep 5, 2023

Source link


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here