There is no doubt that cricket is not just a game in India, it is like a religion. Everyone, whether child or elder, is crazy about this game. Today we know some interesting Sports Facts-
- Sachin Tendulkar is the first player in the world to be dismissed for the first time by a third umpire.
- Chris Gayle is the only batsman in the world to have hit six times in the first ball of Test cricket.
- Virender Sehwag’s highest score in T20, ODI and Tests matches is 119 (IPL), 219 and 319.
- The shocking fact is associated with India’s bowler Ishant Sharma. In the 21st century, the three batsmen who scored the most runs against India were caught by Ishant Sharma in that match. These are three batsmen – Alastair Cook (scores 294), Michael Clarke (scores 329) and Brendon McCullum (scores 302)
- Sourav Ganguly is the only cricketer to have won the man of the match award four times in 4 matches.
- Chris Martin and S Chandrasekhar are the only two players in the world who have more than wickets in their entire Test match career. Martin – 71 Test – 123 runs – 233 wickets Chandrasekhar – 167 runs – 242 wickets
- Don Bredeman had killed just six in his career.
- Pakistan’s star spinner Saeed Ajmal has won many matches to Pakistan but he has not received a man of the match even once.
- VVS Laxman is the only player to have played more than 100 Test matches but never played a World Cup match.